Sunday, February 19, 2012

Bath Remodel

"People often say that motivation doesn't last.
Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily."
~ Zig Ziglar

Today, I found the motivation to work on one of the many odds and ends we have left of our home remodeling projects. We recently installed a new vanity, countertop, floor, etc. in our kids bath. I wanted a really large framed mirror for this bath but had a hard time finding the right size. So today I tiled the backsplash and continued the mosaic tiles up the wall and along the ceiling to create a frame for the mirror.



 



If you are considering a project using mosaic tiles this may be your week to buy them. Home Depot
is running a sale on their glass mosiac sheets for $4.98 this week. The slate and glass mosaic tiles that I used on this project are from Menard's and I bought them on sale as well. Every week it seems like one of the big box stores runs a special on them. Expect to pay $5- $35 for a 12x12 sheet.



I needed a pendant light for this space and didn't want to spend a lot {of course!!}. I liked the idea of an industrial or rustic light and found this barn light in the outdoor lighting section at Menards. At just under $40 and with exposed screws, simple gray shade and black cord it was exactly what I wanted for this area. And it is rated for a 300 watt bulb....yesss 300 watts! I wasn't even sure I would be able to find a 300 watt bulb but sure enough they had a 250 and a 300 watt. I tried the 250 watt and it works great.


Hope you had a wonderful Sunday!
Blessings ~ Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment