Friday, March 2, 2012

Down~home Dining

"My mother never gave up on me.
 I messed up in school so much they were sending me home,
but my mother sent me right back."
~ Denzel Washington

No other reason for this quote other than we had parent~teacher conferences on Thursday
 and it just fits... :)

Over the years my style has evolved but the collection today I think captures it best. A combination of classic clean lines with vintage pieces that evoke a feeling of nostagia and deep-rooted ties to home and family. And some pieces that are just quirky but fit in spite of that...or because of that! For example, I do not have any ties to the Union Jack but love the rustic graphic feel that it brings to this collection.
I have also found that I prefer to live with quiet, muted colors and only add bold colors in accents that can easily be removed. But that's just me...Architectural Digest and other highly respected magazines often feature residences with layers and layers of loud patterns and colors and I have yet to be featured so there's that :)




A couple of my favorites from this collection are the Washer Accent Table {would also be great painted}:



The Numbered Appetizer Plates:


And the Collapsible Basket {so convenient!}:


Have an incredible Friday!
My kids are enjoying their day being sent to school ;)

~ Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment